In 2015 5,363,653 trees were planted
We worked with 112,182 families and 3,994 farmers' groups
50,022 farmers participated in training related to the effects of climate change.
20,446 households used alternative energy sources such as biogas, solar power and briquettes.
439 kitchen garden, were established at schools.
Vi Agroforestry is seeking candidates for the position of Regional Resource Mobilization Coordinator at the Regional Office in Nairobi. The role of the position is to provide technical support in resource mobilisation initiatives in the Region. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in development work and/or international development cooperation supporting resource mobilization.
Position: Regional Resource Mobilization Coordinator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2 years fixed term (renewable)
- Implement the strategy for resource mobilisation for the Region.
- Support in the periodic review and update of the strategy for resource mobilization for the Region.
- Support the development and promotion of strategic alliances with donor organisations and other strategic actors, with special emphasis on the European Union (EU).
- Undertake mapping and donor assessments and identify funding opportunities for Vi Agroforestry and partner organisations.
- Coordinate and support the Regional and Country teams in development of funding proposals.
- Undertake capacity building initiatives for staff and partners on skills and competencies improvement that ensures they are knowledgeable on the Vi Agroforestry global resource mobilization manual.
- Coordinate resource mobilisation work in Eastern Africa, in close collaboration with Head Office in Stockholm.
- Coordinate communication and information sharing on issues related to Resource Mobilization and Fundraising in the Region.
- Circulate donor intelligence, news and other relevant information to programme teams.
- Evaluate and systematically analyse experiences and lessons of projects and programs for each country in relation to resource mobilization and use this to enhance Vi Agroforestry’s work.
The candidate we are looking for should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Development/Social Studies, Business Administration, Finance and/ or Humanities Studies. A master’s degree in Business Administration or Development Work and/ or a Post Graduate Diploma in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization/Communication/Public Relations will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in international development cooperation, including EU development policy, human rights based approach, planning, monitoring, evaluation and risk management.
- Strong proposal and report writing skills with practical experience in development of concept notes and funding proposals.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills and good knowledge of international relations.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer application packages and Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player with ability to build positive relationships with people of diverse backgrounds at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work within established schedules to achieve set goals.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with good command of oral and written English.
- Able and willing to travel when required.
About Vi Agroforestry
The foundation of Vi Agroforestry’s work is to improve the livelihoods of small-holder farmer families through sustainable agriculture land management and Agroforestry -growing trees alongside crops and livestock. With its Head Office in Stockholm, the organisation has been working in the East Africa region for over 30 years, primarily around the Lake Victoria Basin in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Since its inception, Vi Agroforestry has reached 1.8 million people and helped plant over 100 million trees.
How to apply
Application letter indicating a brief statement why you qualify for the job, accompanied with a detailed CV and names of at least three (3) professional referees, daytime telephone contact, and current and expected monthly remunerations (monthly gross salary and cash benefits) to reach the address below before the close of business on Friday, 20th January 2017.
(Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point).
Strategic Dimensions Limited
Management and Development Consultants
(Only short listed candidates will be contacted)
Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students, recent graduates or individuals looking to gain experience with Vi Agroforestry. For more information, please contact the office you are interested in:
Regional Office: info(at)viagroforestry.org